Gate City Bike Co-op will help you with your bike, but all responsibility for safe maintenance and safe operation remains with you. All bikes are used and offered as is, without any warranty or guarantee.
A voucher and an appointment are required to get a bike.
Gate City Bike Co-op partners with local agencies to identify people in need of alternative transportation options. The agency will provide their client with a voucher which allows the client to get a bike and accessories.
To get a bike:
- Get a voucher form from one of the agencies, or download and print it from this website.
- Fill out the top of the form
- Get a signature from the agency on the bottom of the form.
- Make an appointment
- Bring the signed voucher to the parking lot behind 17B Airport Road at your appointment time. Alternatively, have the agency email the information to us at email@example.com
- We have 9 appointment slots available between 3 and 6:00 pm every Monday. We may have a small number of bikes available without an appointment between 5:30 and 7 :00 PM. Those bikes will be given out on a first come/first serve basis. A voucher is still required. We recommend getting an appointment to be sure we have a bike for you. You can make an appointment to get a bike HERE
- We give out locks, lights, and helmets when we have them.
- Please let us know if you are unable to come to your appointment so that we can open it up to other people. If you miss 2 appointments without notifying us, you become ineligible to get a bike from us and all future appointments that you make will be canceled.